From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:27:25 -0400
This is something I've read, and although it is not about bf, per se, it
reminds me again of why I started this list, and how to move forward, out of
strife, arguments, petty differences, big differences, and philosophical
debate...that can sometimes drown us in anxiety.

From the Dalai Lama...

" Our life cannot start without affection, and our sustenance, proper
growth, and so on all depend on it. In order to achieve a calm mind, the
more you have a sense of caring for others, the deeper your satisfaction
will be. I think that the very moment you develop a sense of caring, others
appear more positive. This is because of your own attitude. On the other
hand, if you reject others, they will appear to you in a negative way.
Another thing that is quite clear to me is that the moment you think only of
yourself, the focus of your whole mind narrows, and because of this narrow
focus uncomfortable things can appear huge and bring you fear and discomfort
and a sense of feeling overwhelmed by misery. The moment you think of others
with a sense of caring, however, your mind widens. Within that wider angle,
your own problems appear to be of no significance, and this makes a big
difference. If you have a sense of caring for others, you will manifest a
kind of inner strength in spite of your own difficult situations and
problems. With this strength, your problems will seem less significant and
bothersome. By going beyond your own problems and taking care of others, you
gain inner strength, self-confidence, courage, and a greater sense of calm.
This is a clear example of how one's way of thinking can really make a
difference."

Let us focus on what we have in common, discuss our differences with respect
and love, and withhold judgement, lest we ourselves be judged with a harsh
eye. Enough on that from me now. Back to breastfeeding.

With so much appreciation. Kathleen xoxo

Kathleen Bruce RN BSN IBCLC
Lactation Resources of Vermont, Medela, Inc. Listowner Lactnet
[log in to unmask]  http://www.kbbspin.org

Lactnet Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]

To start it again: set lactnet mail (or