From:
g raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 01:58:10 -0700
Jennifer Tow wrote:

"This is so important to note. Reflux is a symptom, not a diagnosis.
Reflux may be related to oversupply, but the oversupply itself is a
symptom. Usually, where there is reflux, I see babies with structural
trauma. You often see a rigid diaphragm in babies with reflux and many
babies with feeding problems are stuck in a sympathetic response. IMO,
there is no way we can properly take care of these medically
traumatized babies without chiropractors or CSTs."

I am so happy to read this.  I feel like GI reflux has been majorly overlooked as an indicator for so many other challenges the baby might be facing (allergies, skull trauma, etc).  That 3 week olds are being treated with meds for this western "condition" is a bit frightening.  And the number of women I hear who gave up bf'g, suffered post-partum depression, etc because their baby had reflux is also discouraging.. Its good to see that other people are thinking about these things...

Perhaps one day "Babies spit up." will no longer be considered a "truth" but an indicator that something else is wrong.

I would love to see any research/commentary on this.  Does anyone know of any good sources?

Kind regards,
georgia
BFC in training!

Need Mail bonding?