From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 13:49:14 -0500
Hi Lactnetters!

You must remember a post inviting all breastfeeding mothers to have lunch at
the now famous Westmount Square Mall in Montreal, Canada. The security of
this establishment had ordered a mom out because she was breastfeeding. The
mother complained to the Human Rights Association and they fined the mall
$2,500.00.

The luncheon was a success, ALL TV MEDIAS covered it, and everyone watching
saw a whole bunch of women breastfeeding in public!! It seems we made our point.

Just thought I'd let you know what's going on in Montreal...
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Montreal, Canada
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802