Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:44:24 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (43 lines)
On 31 Aug 2008 at 0:05, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I am not surprised at the negative attacks on Governor Palin , although I  am 
> disappointed by them. And then of course there are the obligatory attacks  on 
> the US as well. The odds are that Governor Palin's pregnancy was  unintended, 
> and what should be celebrated is that she chose to give her baby  life and 
> not abort him. She is the Governor and her job is to govern the  citizens who 
> elected her. That she has chosen to accept Senator McCain's  offer to be his 
> running mate should not be the concern of this  community. By any standard she is 
> being prejudged,
> I will refrain from saying more .................I suggest that maybe  this 
> is not the place to discuss this issue.

As someone who has pointed out that in my country members of parliament do have 
maternity leave as of this year, I am surprised that my contribution might have been taken as 
negative attack on Mrs. Palin. I was just informing the community that change can happen in 
this field. I didn't read the other surprised reactions as an attack either. That might be 
because it is not my representative, but someone who lives in a different place on the globe 
with a different set of values in this field. I won't vote for either party and my contributions 
don't intend to make either party less or more attractive to voters. For me it is an academic 
discussion and it may well be the same for the other reactions from abroad. If I hear from a 
cleaning lady or teacher that she has to return within 3 days you may expect the same 
reaction from me. Both jobs are very important to the community as well.
There is no place for me or anyone to wonder wether this baby was planned and wether or 
not this baby should have ben born, but I think lactationwise going back to work at 3 days 
might not be the best choice for a mother and baby. 

Heleen Hayes
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2