From:
Sue Gehrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 18:55:26 -0400
Your case doesnt sound like mine, but wanted to put this out there to keep in the back of your mind.  I once saw a baby at 6 weeks who had been nursing like a champ according to the mother. but looked like a wizzened old man and was not gaining.  Scared me actually.  Sent directly off to the pediatrician who immediately did tests and the baby had cystic fibrosis.  Once baby got the right meds he turned in to a porker, the healthiest baby in the CF clinic and the only breastfed one.

Susan Gehrman RN, IBCLC, CCE

Battle Creek Health System

300 North Ave.

Battle Creek, Michigan 49016

"The world may not honor your honorable intentions, but you should have them anyway"  Mother Theresa

This message may contain confidential information protected by law through attorney-client privilege or professional peer review/quality evaluation privilege.  It is intended only for the individual or entity named above.  It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message.  If you received this message in error, please notify the BCHS Privacy/Integrity Office at [log in to unmask] or (269) 966-8347.