From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:47:50 -0700
HI All,
Well, I for one, think it is wonderful to have several Drs I can talk to as
equals, rather than as my being an underling and them being the "know all" I
must bow down to in respect (whether I respect them or not).  Nothing is
more annoying than having a Dr you are trying to discuss a case with call
you by your first name then get upset when you don't refer to them as "Dr."
so and so.
I agree, we are all professionals here, and no one should hide their titles.
but we are all equals here, IMHO, we all have a job to do, and we all
respect one another.  I feel that when there is mutaul respect, the titles
disappear and we become regular people discussing topics/cases/etc.
I love the fact the Rob signs his posts as Rob, and not Dr Cordes.  The same
with Jack and Nancy.  To us "underlings" :D  it makes them human, and human
is a good thing to be.

Jay

Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."
LACTNET Quilt Raffle  Check out the web page then e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] for where to send for your tickets!