From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:58:54 +0200
Echoing Pamela Morrison here - apart from the wealth of knowledge and the
active, group reflections that for me are the best thing on Lactnet, I've
made friends, gotten help for holiday planning, hitched a ride between two
cities to get to a conference that was on another continent (thanks,
Joanie!), watched Kathy Dettwyler brushing Jo-Anne Elder's daughter's hair,
even secured a roof over my daughter's head in Newcastle (thanks, Heather!)
at one time.  And then there are the memorable moments at various
conferences, when you meet up with another Lactnetter (and realize they
don't look at all the way you think they should, and they are probably
thinking the same thing about you) and you both just think it's wonderful to
meet someone you 'know' (thinking especially of everyone who was at VELB in
Berlin last year!).
Only a few Lactnetters have made it as far as my home, so we have room for
many more such visitors.  Contact me for references if you don't believe our
home is up to your standards (and you references know who you are, so
consider yourselves forewarned).  Only don't come in late July and early
August this year, because I will be gallivanting around in Australia then,
trying to meet with as many Lactnetters as I can.  David Bratt has already
given me some helpful advice on how to survive in tropical conditions.
Lactnet is The Best.
Rachel in Norway