From:
laura Scarborough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:21:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/98 9:03:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< some breastfed babies can get
 it.  It was being passed around in the playgroup.  The babies were all
 breastfed.   Pedi said that it is highly contagious.

I have to comment...
my 4th baby, exclusively breastfed and not in day care also contracted this
highly contagious virus at our church nursery. She was extremely sick for
about 6 weeks and lost 3 of her 14 pounds. Our pedi (bless him!) monitored her
very carefully and provided a scale for me and encouraged me to continue to
breastfeed her because he said that was the only thing keeping her hydrated
enough to stay out of the hospital. I nursed her q2 hours during that time.
This was the only time in her 2+ years where she has ever been sick...scary
stuff that virus, but I am glad we got through it and for my breastfeeding
her.
Just my 2 cents to share.

Laura Scarborough RN