From:
CTharion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 10:06:41 EST
I hope that someone has some experience here to help.  I have been helping a
mother over the past weeks.  She has told me that the baby has "green" colored
bowel movements, this is not all the time.  We have discussed getting baby to
nurse one breast per feeding so baby gets enough hindmilk.  Recently she told
me that she is a very heavy smoker (25 to 30) cigarettes per day.  Is there
any chance that the green bowel movements could be anyway related to the heavy
smoking and the baby's reaction to the nicotine ????  BAB states that green
bowel movements can be associated with medications that either baby or mother
are taking.  Could the heavy smoking and the nicotine be considered a drug
????  Has anyone ever experienced this with a smoking mother ???  Mother is
going to "try" and cut back and see if the green color goes away.

Chris Tharion
LLL of Ware/Belchertown