Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 22:19:47 -0500
I am currently working with a mother and baby - mother had a breast
reduction - she doesn't know for sure which kind but from talking to her it
doesn't appear that they removed the entire nipple.

The baby is now almost 4 weeks old - baby was failure to thrive when I frist
saw him last Thursday.  Mother has been pumping since - and supplementing
with expressed breastmilk and formula - Baby had some sucking problems - was
extremely lazy nurser falling asleep constantly.  So baby was not
stimulating breast
Mother choose to use bottle to feed after nursing rather than SNS -

The question is - in breast reductions - what percentage of the time have
you seen the milk supply affected?  I want to know how much to push this
situation - She rented a scale yesterday - baby only takes usually about
.5-.7 oz at a feeding - did take 1.5 after sleep several hours during nite

TIA for your help.

                                                Rose Marie