From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:20:19 -0500
I also watched the Good Morning America segment.  I was pleased that
they explained why human milk was in such demand and how carefully it
was screened and pasteurised by the milk banks. I was disappointed,
however,  that Dr. Johnson 's solution was to just give AIM. I would
have liked to have seen at least a mention of where to get information
on getting breastfeeding off to a good start and to whom to turn if
problem's arose.

I think that it is important for us to remember that TV programmes -
for the most part - are there to make money. They need a catchy idea -
and *toxic* milk will certainly catch people's attention.  In all
fairness, however, ABC News did a very nice segment on how Milk Banks
work back in August 2004. You can see a transcript at
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=118196&page=1

norma, who does not often defend the media :)