From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:09:56 -0500
I've taken the test 2x (first in '92). Re the example questions that are
confusing on the practice tests you are taking: I really don't remember many
really confusing questions like those. I absolutely did make note of
confusing ones or ones where I really couldn't decide between 2 answers w/o
having more info.

I wholeheartedly agree with other posters who recommend answering the easy
ones first, and then going back to the harder ones, taking time to answer
them and then writing a concise critique so that those questions could be
thrown out, if enough testers cite them.
Funny, what I found the hardest were the questions re development, because
it was hard to decide if the child was 6 or 9 mos old, doing a particular
developmental task.

I remember one picture where I narrowed down the choices to psoriasis or
eczema, but I didn't think it was within an LC's scope to identify that.
Although I took a stab at an answer based on what I thought I knew about
those 2 conditions. I'll never know if I was right or maybe the answer was
one of the other 2 choices that I eliminated????
In the grand scheme of things, if you are able to pass entry level and as
others have said minimally competent, you will pass, even with missing a few
of the tough questions.
If you are very stressed and your brain is not functioning well because of
that, you might go in and start hyperventilating and can't think straight,
and that is not in your best interest. RELAX!