From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 14:31:38 -0400
I have been helping moms breastfeed for the last 20 years, I have a mom I am
currently helping and she has nipples like none I have ever seen before.

We have worked on latch and position, someone had given her a nipple shield
and she had also started some pumping and bottle feeding due to pain , a few
days after delivery she got endometritis and was an antibiotics and she also
has oversupply....

So we stopped the shield, the pumping, the bottle and got a good latch and
for about 2 days things improved, then she got yeast symptoms and took the
first dose of diflucan and thought she was a little better , she called me
and the dosing was incorrect so I got the doc to call in the dosing per Jack
Newman and we got the ped to treat the baby, after the second dose she
didn't think things were any better yet, she is also using APNO.

I am not sure what else to offer her, I think it is her nipples that are so
unuslal that is making it really hard to get a good latch.

The nipples themselves are not inverted, i.e. they do not go inwards, but
there is deep rim around the nipple that makes the nipple inset into the
breast, with stim, they come out, Its really hard to describe, has anyone
seen any like this? The nipple also has a cauliflower look to them. I looked
in the Breastfeeding Atlas and also dozens of pics on line and cant find one
that looks like hers.

The baby is gaining great and the oversupply is reducing a little.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks Cindy

Cindy Curtis RNC IBCLC CCE CD
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/