From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 08:39:06 -0400
It seems to me that all the companies violate the Code by the simple fact
that free supplies in the form of gift packs are given to mothers in the
hospital in the US.  I don't know that we need any further evidence than
that....after all, the US did sign onto the Code on May 9, 1994, not that
anyone in the US noticed!!  It's good to note what happens in Gambia and
Zambia, and I think we all need to be more globally aware, but the "little"
things they do here in the US are just as much in violation of the provisions
of the Code as the "bigger" things they do in other countries.

Is there a major difference btn a white lie and any other kind?  Is there a
difference btn. a little stealing and a big stealing?  Can you be a little
pregnant?  Is giving free d/c packs a "little" violation?

Jan - finding the soapbox slippery today....