From:
Kerrie Conway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:53:55 -0500
Hello All!

I am currently trying to secure a position with WIC near my home. The
director of the WIC clinic wants me, WIC partner,which is the county
health department,feels my credentials are good and that I more than meet
the requirements but WIC at the state level is not wanting to hire an
IBCLC who is not an RN or a nutritionist, although they would hire an RN
or a nutritionist who is not an IBCLC. I have been an IBCLC for 2 years
now and completed the Blueprints pilot project and I have 3 years of
college education.  WIC at the state level says I'm not a Certified
Professional but they will "think" about hiring me?!

 Does anyone have any insight as to how we can push this through?  The
director really wants me but is having difficulty getting WIC at the state
level to say OK.  I am extremely dissapointed that WIC of all places does
not recognize the value of an IBCLC.  If anyone has any insight or can
offer any suggestions, please email me privately or if you think other
would find it of interest, you can post to the list.  Thanks in advance
and thanks for listening!

Kerrie Conway IBCLC, CD(DONA), LLL Leader