From:
kathy g thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:58:09 -0400
Dear Lactnetters,
     I am requesting input regarding several unrelated questions and
wondered if any of you could send me a quick note to help me out...

* Methadone:  A teenage mom approached me wanting to bf but is on the
methadone tx 60-80mg/day.  I check the archives which mentioned aap
recommend that she could if it was 20mg/ or below.  Could any one explain
the tx, ie does the amt precribed decrease with time, or does has any one
have any experience with these folks.

* BFHI:   If so many hospitals have a letter of intent submitted for the
BFHI, how is the handling aspect of formula undertaken? Is there none in
the hospitals? What about the special formulas?  What if a mother flatly
refuses to BF? Is the formula locked up?
How did you convince the medical staff?

Whew, I hope I haven't fired too many questions at once!  Please email
privately and thanks in advance.

Kathy Thorp BSN ICCE IBCLC