From:
Carla D'Anna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:44:43 -0500
Diana wrote:
>>I have gotten into the habit of taking the babies out to Mom immediately
after the circ to go to breast, and they usually do quite well. ...
If anyone else implements this early feed after circ, I'd love to hear how
it works for you.

As much as I hate the routine circumcision of newborns it is a fact I live
with.  I also do as Diana does and get these babies out to mom right away.
I think of it as getting in a feeding before they pass out from stress.  We
also delay circs for poor feeders.

If anyone is interested in March of 2000 when another circumcision
discussion was active earlier on Lactnet I created a list on egroups for
those who feel like talking about circs more.  This is the opening page
statement: "The purpose of this list is to explore the reasons for routine,
male, infant circumcision.   Why do doctors do it?   Why do parents do it?
Why do nurses assist?   The list is even open to why do religions do it?
Anything is allowed.   This group will probably be short lived as the main
goal is to answer this question off the main group (Lactnet) where it is too
off topic and too potentially inflammatory.   This is an unlisted group and
not visible in the directory of eGroups as the perspective of the members of
Lactnet are preferred over that of the "masses".   This is a very
inflammatory topic on the Internet and it is easy to be overwhelmed with
folks who argue about this full time."  The list currently has 10 members
but has been inactive since we talked ourselves out the last time.  Anyone
who wants to discuss this topic off Lactnet but with Lactnet "folks" go to
http://www.egroups.com/group/whycirc and start it up again by joining and
posting.

Carla