Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:06:43 -0400
I have a mom who developed Pupps after a c-section. She would like to take Dandelion Root. She took it after the birth before speaking with me and pumped/dumped since no one could advise her or send her towards an LC (welcome to Vegas :) ). She did have increased supply during this time. From her home we called Infant Risk Center. The woman I spoke with there of course reiterated that all herbs are L4s. More interestingly she noted that when she put dandelion root in the system it came up as fenugreek which is an L3. Not much was noted in the Harvard site either. Online I have noted that many sites list dandelion root as a galactagogue.  But that some medical sites do not advise it for breastfeeding. Any guidance from all of your very experienced minds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Lisa Weinshenker, RN, IBCLC
Las Vegas, NV