From:
butterworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:13:24 -0500
Oh, so Nestle created "the world's first infant food," eh?  That's
like saying Christopher Columbus created North America...

Sheesh.  I hate that company.  I know there are others doing the same
business, but something about Nestle's advertising, promotions, etc.,
just plain grates on my nerves.

In a related note, I have recently returned to teaching (eigth grade!
yikes!) and my school is a "partner" with Abbott Labs.  We were asked
to participate in a March of Dimes walk with Abbott.  I was able to
explain to the faculty why this involvement was intensely hypocritical
on the part of Abbott, and we decided to walk-- but on our own, not
with Abbott.

Teresa G. in NC where the temp was 80 degrees yesterday and was 50
today!