From:
Sheila Dukas-Janakos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:03:47 -0800
Annette,

I too had a similar story regarding my license plate.  Mine reads BRSTFD
and my kids call it the milk mobile. First of all, it took my 2 years of
fighting with the DMV, because they thought it was obscene and said "
What if a child were to read it?".  To make a long story short, I got
the plates free for 2 years with a 2 page letter of apology.  It is
amazing what happens when the press gets involves. My 16 1/2 year old is
now driving this car also and she thinks it is no big deal. I remind her
that it is a privilege to drive any car and she is lucky.  When her
friends make comments she proudly says my mom helps babies and is a
Lactation Consultant.  My 2 boys (14 and 10) are very accustomed to all
of the comments.  They have learned that this is what I do for a living
and because of this they get to have food on the table and a roof over
their heads.

Good Luck!!!!

Sheila Dukas-Janakos, MPH, IBCLC
Babiesandmoms.com