Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:27:19 -0700
I remember reading that years ago wet nurses would be hired to feed the
babies of the middle class and upper class, and often the mothers of
those babies would not want their child nursing on the same breast as
the mother's real child, so the mother would have to leave her child in
the care of another to be fed god knows what invented formula, and die.
So the wet nurse would sell her own milk, literally, and her own baby
would not benefit from that milk and die.

Joylyn