From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:05:33 -0500
Dear Susan,

Regarding the cylinder pump, I also have known a few people who favored
it above all others.  One of the things they liked about it was that they
had total control over amount of suction and freqency of pulls.  They
each had their own technique that worked best for them.  Never heard of
any damage or pain from this pump, although anything can cause damage it
used incorrectly (never forgot the mom who called me at 3 months pp with
cracked, bleeding nipples - didn't know that her small battery pump had a
button release for suction - she just put it on, let it run for a few
minutes, ripped it off, and then continued in that manner until done -
didn't know whether to laugh, cry, scream.......)

Warmly,
Sharon Knorr, BSMT, LLLL, IBCLC in Newark, New York (near Rochester)
mailto:[log in to unmask]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]