From:
Louis et Carole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:21:13 -0500
 -----Original Message-----
From:   Louis et Carole [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Saturday, March 16, 2002 9:20 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Domperidone

At our breastfeeding clinic we  have several mums on Domperidone for several
months, one being the mum Dr. Newman discusses in his book who was on it for
about 12 months. She is a
good resource for the med as she researched all the effects and how it best
works to get a 32 ounce milk supply from a dry stone (she had a surrogate
who gave birth at 32 weeks).   She now helps other mums with the support of
our clinic (we have a team of 2 breastfeeding friendly family doctors and
myself ) and uses the resources of Dr Newman and Dr Hale.  She is a rebel
with a cause and is a candidate for this years IBCLC exam.  She has
developed a protocal with Dr. Newman for use of Domperidone in relactation
and adoptive breastfeeding.  If you would like to get a copy of the protocal
you can contact her directly.  She gave me permission to give her email.
mailto:[log in to unmask]
We work a lot with relactation and get referrals and questions from all over
the world re this med so have compiled a list of where to get it.  I hope
this helps.  I will be doing my annual trip to Burlington in April for the
VLCA conference so might see some of you there in the pool.
Carole Dobrich IBCLC, RN
The Aussie in Montreal
LIST OF WHERE TO GET DOMPERIDONE
Any Canadian pharmacy can send you Domperidone if you get a prescription
from your doctor. Note: It is perfectly legal for a US doctor to write a
prescription for domperidone even though it isn't widely available in the
US.  Murray Shore Pharmacy has experience with this. Tel: 1-800-201-8590,
Fax: 1-800-201-8591 or visit their website at www.mshorepharmacy.com  Simply
fax your doctor's prescription along with your name, address, phone number,
and social insurance number. There is a one time US$10 set up fee and then
it costs approximately US$98 for a bottle of 500 Domperidone 10mg and US$18
for FedEx.  You will need approximately 3 - 4 bottles.  They will ship
anywhere in the world.

Domperidone is available in the US with a prescription at several
compounding pharmacies. Lloyd Center Pharmacy in Oregon is one of them. You
can reach them at Tel: (503) 281-4161.

Domperidone is available without a prescription, COD from Mexico.  For best
results you should fax your order. Just fax them your name, address,
telephone number, and how many boxes of pills you would like and whether you
want overnight delivery or two days and they will send them FedEx, C.O.D.
You will need to prepare a money order or cashier's check made out to KCR,
Inc. It's a good idea to write in block letters on the fax so there is no
chance of error with your name and address. The minimum order is 8 boxes.
There are 30 pills in a box. That makes 240 pills. The price is US$112.
FedEx 2 days is an additional US$20 or FedEx overnight is US$30. To Fax from
the US dial exactly this: 011-526-654-5522.  It's a good idea to back it up
with a telephone call. There is a person there that speaks English. To call
from the US dial exactly this: 011-526-654-1834. It may take a while to get
through.  They have been very reliable to deal with.

There are several online sources for domperidone. Some of these include the
following:

 At http://www.1onlinepharmacy.com they ship domperidone anywhere in the
world without a prescription. Look for the generic brand (variable sources)
US$18 for 100 tabs (10 mg). Shipping is free if shipped by regular airmail.
Delivery in 10 -30 days. They also offer express shipping but they don't
recommend it because it can take up to 21 days with new customs regulations
in place.

At http://www.1drugstore-online.com you can get domperidone without a
prescription. Look for the generic brand by Jassen-Cilag which is
domperidone maleate (Motilium) They sell 100 tabs  (10 mg) for $25. The
minimum order is US$50 but shipping is free worldwide and takes 10-15 days.
If you need the medication fast, they'll ship it
express for US$30. They will accept orders from everywhere EXCEPT Canada.

For Canadians who can't find a doctor to prescribe domperidone, you can get
it here
http://www.pharmagroup.com  without a prescription. Look for Motilium 10 mg
30
tabs for US$12. This comes out to US$120 for 300 tabs. They will ship
worldwide including Canada and the US under regular shipping for 6% of their
order or a minimum of US$16. If you want the order within 3 business days
you'll have to pay 10% of your order or a minimum of US$40.

Domperidone is available here http://www.canadameds.com with a prescription,
for
CAN $82.29 (about $54 US, depending on exchange rate) for a bottle of 500,
10 mg
tablets.  They ship anywhere in the world for CAN$18 shipping fee (about
US$12). Delivery within 21 days.

Note: Domperidone used to be available from New Zealand without a
prescription but as of Nov. 3, 2001 the pharmacies there are no longer able
to do this because of a new law that was passed stating that a doctor must
have at least one face-to-face visit with a patient before writing a
prescription. This law put www.pharmacycare.com  out of business. However,
Pharmacycare is still supplying domperidone  without a prescription only to
the US via email or telephone. Here are the instructions. Current price is
US$54 +US$7 shipping fee.

Pharmacy care instructions: Subject: Motilium orders

"Dear Customers
We have sort legal advice regarding Motilium orders to the States, the good
news is we can resume shipping this product, but this product only.
Re: Motilium
Motilium 10mg 100 tablets USD12.00
Motilium 10mg 300 tablets USD28.80
Motilium 10mg 600 tablets USD52.80
shipping USD7.00

Please note that the site is still closed. We accept orders via telephone,
fax, or email. I have included our details below:

Phone +678 27282
Fax: +678 26389
Free calling number from USA: 1 (877) 271-6591

Regards
The Team at Pharmacycare
Pharmacycare<[log in to unmask]"