From:
ellen shein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:36:33 +0200
Hi Naomi.
thanks for your take on this.
I have sat with Na'amat. Up til now there has been no talk of sponsorships.
so they are talking of something that as yet does not exist. this is all
hypothetical.
If formula companies will be banned from hospitals and well baby clinics,
then it is certainly likely that those companies will look for new avenues
for reaching the public. But again, I would imagine that the impact of such
advertising would not gain nearly the same results as advertising amongst
the borderline bf'ers during the first crucial initial period as opposed to
the established bf'ers or established bottlefeeders by that 3 month period.
An even better solution to this problem, of course, would be extending the
period of paid maternity leave to 6 months rather than the existing one of
12 weeks.

Hope to keep you posted.
ellen shein, ibclc Tel Aviv