From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 10:42:40 -0400
Dear Jeffrey,

You might want to add this months issue of Pediatrics to your list of
inflammables.  There were at least 8 formula ads this month, one of the
formulas is "recommeded for Amy because of our family history of allergies,"
another one "stopped Ethan's fussy feedings" and yet another series can cure
diarrhea, loose stools, spitting up, fussiness, and probably clean the
kitchen sink while we are at it.  Usually the journal only has one ad, but I
guess since there were two articles on bf, the formula companies needed to
get their licks in.  I wish there was a rule that for every ad for formula
put in  a professional journal, there was another ad for bf.

Jan B.  Who wishes and hopes, and sometimes is too tired to do anything
else....