From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:24:22 +0100
Janet Talmadge notes that the trouble with watermelon is finding it in the grocery stores at this time of year.
You will therefore all be delighted to know that by taking a simple trip to my town in Norway and visiting my local supermarket, you, too, can obtain this highly prized medicinal fruit.
I was just shopping this morning and saw that it was on special for about $2.50 per kilo.  It is snowing heavily today, so I won't offer to run out and buy it to send to Lactnuts wherever they may be, just thought you would like to know where the world supply of watermelon is in February 2000!
Now I am going to mail my edematous postpartum friend here in town and recommend she try it.  If and when I have evidence of its effectiveness, I will report back to Lactnet on that.  (Seriously-- this is new to me!)
bemused at 57 degrees latitude (North)
Rachel Myr