From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:21:00 EST
Dear Wise Ones;

I need help again with mom with persistent plugged ducts on upper quadrant R
breast.  As of last nite after about 2 weeks of no plugs (well one episode
several days after ultrasound, but resolved within hours with usual tx of
soaking, etc) she now has for past 24 hrs sever, unresolved plugs in same
area and is at the end of her rope.  She and I had discussed weaning from
affected breast and she's seriously considering this and willing to BF on one
breast.

If it comes to this, question: how can she do this without plugging again?
In other words, if she slowly nurses less from affected breast and uses L
breast more, she'll likely get plugged again.  This happened last week when
she had a couple of plugs because she was nursing every 2-2 1/ hr to keep R
unplugged and then relaxed and went to every 3 1/2-4 hr and bingo-plugs.  She
also states she really has to coax her son to nurse frequently, he's much
happier on a every 4 hr feed (he's 21 lbs at 5 months!) and was sleeping thru
the night until severe plug of few weeks ago. It would seem she has milk very
high in fat content! Keep in mind, please that this mom has 2 other boys 4
and 6 and has not had much sleep in the past month.

Any and all suggestions, herbs, homeopathy, anything would be helpful. (She
did start pulsatilla for 24 hrs-to end tomorrow but so far no noticeable
effect; couldn't get lac caninum).  So appreciate and Jan I join you in hand
wringing exasperation!

Barbara Latterner

Almost forgot is going for 4th ultra sound tomorrow if breast surgeon will ok.