From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:06:32 -0400
Janette noted:

<< I guess just like Breastfeeding is an ¨art¨,  so is LC´ing...

I've started telling my clients who complain about all the differing
information they get, that the reason we refer to the "art" of breastfeeding
is that there is the Monet school of breastfeeding, the Van Gogh school of
breastfeeding, the Rubens school of breastfeeding, and now they are going to
hear the Barger school of breastfeeding.  It sort of puts it into perspective
and helps them realize there are many ways to accomplish what needs to be
done; few rules, some guidelines.  My only two "rules" for breastfeeding are
that mom is comfortable and pain free, and baby is getting enough to eat.
 There are guidelines for getting to that point.....

As far as nipple shield sizes, I choose one based on mom's nipple size and
baby's mouth size.  Unfortunately, there are occasions in which the two don't
match.  Sigh.

Jan Barger
http://members.aol.com/bsccenter