From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:55:24 -0400
as I've mentioned several other times on this topic, supplemental D is
now available on it's own with no other unnecessary vitamins:

http://www.sunlightvitamins.com/About_Just_D.php

<<
nutshell, because there were/are more cases of rickets in bf babies>>

now that there is a massive new body of D evidence available, it's
clear that rickets is only one of the many problems with D
insufficiency and that rickets alone is only the extreme end of low
25(OH)D levels over the immediate short term.  there are many other
long term, serious issues associated with lower levels of
insufficiency but still clinical insufficiency nonetheless.
Optimizing D intakes in infants and young children most likely
protects us as adults from some fairly serious issues as well - MS,
cancer and more.

The body of evidence is there and it's huge.

I hope everyone will take an opportunity to explore it:

www.vitamindcouncil.com

Katherine in atl