From:
Denhez Louise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 21:48:40 -0500
>  What were the four questions that really opened
> their eyes that they didn't know much about BF?
Question 1: Is it normal that breasts hurt at the beginning of a
breastfeeding experience (i.e. soon after the birth of a baby?
Answer given: Must be !!! (however, one of the students was also a mother
who had bf, and knew better)

Question 2: Can a baby bf on a breast that has mastitis?
Answer given: Of course not (by some); I would think not (by other, more
prudent, students)

Question 3: How do you treat mastitis?
Answer given, by one, now hesitant: Amoxicillin ?

Question 4: Has anybody talked to you about managing breastfeeding problems?
Answer given, by the very one who had adamantly said "we have had 4 talks
on the topic, we know it is better": Not really ...

Happy to hear (read) you grandchild is getting better...

Season's Greetings,

Louise Denhez, M.D., M.P.H
Chargee d'enseignement clinique
Departement de medecine sociale et preventive
Montreal, Quebec, Canada