From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 08:15:16 -0700
This case certainly raises lots of questions about
early intervention (or lack of it) and infant
outcomes. Why did this mother need codine for 12 days
after an episiotomy? I know an episiotomy can be
downright uncomfortable, but most people are finished
with narcotics long before this even for a C-section.
And who was checking this baby? A weigh station visit
on day 5 and 10 might have picked this up...I would
wonder about the weight gain (or not) of the baby, if
the baby was so lethargic.

So poor or lack of post partum/pediatric care is
overshadowed by an unusual genetic condition.

I realize that many of the details of this case are
not revealed in this article. I hope you, Kim, will
continue to keep us updated ad this case is reported.
Thanks, Anne Andrianos in Syracuse, NY USA