From:
"Cindy Curtis, RN, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:04:49 -0400
Sorry to correct you Linda but YES Norton's IS picking up this
virus,(actually not a virus but a worm). I do an auto update every day with
them, Pam sent me the virus 4 times yesterday, but someone else sent it last
week and Norton's has been detecting is since July 17 and did so in my
system last week. See their web page :
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

OK now a warning as I am climbing on my soapbox:

I encourage EACH AND EVERYONE of you to educate yourselves about computes
viruses, worms and hoaxes.
Norton's (according to the computer people I have consulted) is the the best
antivirus software out there, BUT you have to set it to auto update Everyday
you are on the computer as new viruses emerge everyday. If you just buy it
and install it and never update it is practically worthless.
I personally feel that this is a responsibility that all computer uses
should take seriously. (Last year I accidentally got a virus from an
unsuspecting/unknowing person and it cost me 200.00 to fix my computer, I
had McAffee anti virus software on auto update at the time and it missed the
virus). Protect yourself and protect your friends!
 The best site I know of to learn about hoaxes and urban legends is:
http://www.snopes2.com/  You can do a search before passing on that email
that is begging you to pass to everyone you know and see if it is real or
hoax, most often it is a hoax.

Ok... climbing down here.... hope someone learned something . ;-)

Take care to all
Cindy
Cindy Curtis, RN, IBCLC   >^..^<
mailto:[log in to unmask]