From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 17:55:42 -0500
Hi All,
Sitting here reading a magazine (trash) that came for the girl who used to
live here, and formula feeds.  It talks about C--na---n G--d St---t formula
being gentler on the newborn digestive system because it contains only 100%
whey protien, "the primary protien in breastmilk".  It says "Because of the
Whey protein"  it will not cause the "tough curds formed by cow's milk casein
and will digest more like breastmilk in babys tummy."  They also claim that
because of this, baby is less likely to show symptoms of intolerance than
when fed other regular formulas.
OK folks, what is the real scoop about this whey/casein thing?  Is this true?

We have some Drs here telling moms to feed their babies this stuff over other
formulas because it is gentler on babys tummy and easier for them to digest.
 Are they just buying into the advertising, or what?
Personally, I used this stuff for 2 weeks when Ben and I could not BF and I
had practically no milk for him (long story, most of you know it already),
and he certainly showed an intolerance to it.  Caused him to throw up like
crazy, and I believe that it was this formula (and would have been any
formula) that sensitized the heck out of him to dairy products and made it so
I had to remove dairy from my diet totally (had to read labels and
everything) for over a year, and he is still allergic to dairy and probably
always will be.
Anyway, thoughts anyone?

Jay
Hoping that new baby will not be so allergic/sensitive to dairy that she has
to read labels and such again to avoid the dairy.  Though with Ben still BF,
I still might!  Sigh......