From:
S&J Sheperd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:39:49 -0700
Anyway, do any of your hospitals have a policy on co-sleeping?  Do you have
waiver of liability or something if mom wants to keep baby in her bed?

The hospital I work at does not have anything written down that I know of
such as a policy on co-sleeping.    It has always been controversial.  I
have had moms who said that a nurse told them it was not ok, I told them
that that was one nurses opinion, and if they chose to keep baby with them
that it was certainly their choice and very ok.  Our previous Nurse Manager
was open about it being ok and encouraged.  she was very pro-breastfeeding
and is the one who got the Evergreen Lactation program coming to our
hospital.  I'm not sure what our current nurse manager's opinion is on the
subject.  For our new mom's though, it certainly depends upon which nurse
she gets as to what message she gets regarding having baby sleep in bed with
her!

Janette