From:
Barb Glare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:00:44 +1100
Hi,

This has nothing at all to do with breastfeeding (except the children were
all breastfed for a long time) but I was very pleased with the hospital's
approach.
A couple of months ago my 9yr son had an asthma attack about 2am, and I had
to take him to hospital.  I have 4 children and dh was working away.  I rang
my 79 yr old neighbour to come and sit with the girls (6 and 2) and took my
11yr old son with me and my 9yr old.  Daniel had to be admitted.  So then I
was stuck.  I hate leaving him when he was sick.  He was very upset at the
possiblity of being left.  I didn't want the girls to wake up and be
frightened because I wasn't there.
The hospital staff, seeing our worry, suggested my 11yr old son stay with
his brother.  The made up two hosptal beds, side by side.  I was really
touched by their kindness.

Barb
Australia