From:
Dawn K Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 15:02:30 -0500
Nikki,
I concur and agree with your post regarding seeking medical advice.  My
gripe is every medication a mother needs apparently requires weaning, every
baby not gaining well seems to need formula.

About leaving hosp AMA.  Yes, call the Ins. Co. they may be thrilled to pay
less.  When my first birth transferred to the hosp in 1992 we were ready to
leave quickly after the birth and knew we'd have excellent follow-up care
with our Midwife.  The nurses called the Dr. at home and had him contact me
to talk me out of leaving AMA.  They also used the line of no insurance
reimbursement for AMA check-outs.  When I called our Ins. Co. from the hosp
they had no problem with us leaving early either.

Dawn Martin
Austin, TX