From:
Mary Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:57:28 EST
A quick hello from a new list member, and a brief answer to a question from a
recent Digest.....
"I have a client who is trying to do a research study on cultural, social
attitudes regarding breastfeeding in public.  She has only been able to find
about 4 articles even using our local university library."

I'd highly recommend the textbook "Breastfeeding: Biocultural Perspectives",
edited by Patricia Stuart-Macadam and Katherine Dettwyler.  (ISBN #
0-202-01192-5) A fascinating read, and not just once, either!  In addition,
your client might also try searching under "history of infant feeding" for
additional historical perspective on the cultural aspects of breastfeeding.
Good luck!

Mary D. Schultz, MD
Peoria, IL