From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 13:18:51 -0400
Barbara Wilson-Clay recently posted about the high cost of presenting
exhibits at conferences (such as the American Academy of Pediatrics
meeting held in Boston last year). While it wouldn't help with the exhibit
fees, when I read the lament regarding housing and travel fees I couldn't
help but wonder if the task of presenting the booths could be delegated
to local individuals or local affiliate groups? I would have "manned" an
ILCA booth in Boston, if asked (for instance).  It may be that local groups
would be willing to pool monies toward exhibit fees, too, especially if the
display could serve to advertise the local resources as well as those at
the national level. Promotion benefits all of us.

Perhaps this is an idea that was already tried...but it would be worth
keeping at memberships about it. In my travels, in the "real" world and
here in cyberspace, I have found many, many LC professionals who
would be supurb representatives.

Also, local area members might be willing to house those who travel with
the displays. Its worth asking, anyway. Rally around!

Margery Wilson, IBCLC