From:
Anna Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:10:00 -0400
Hi. My name is Anna Roberts and I am also an Ivy tech student. I just wanted
to respond to this comment.

"Is anyone at Ivy Tech teaching the normal
course of breastfeeding and the oh, so, important subtleties of what makes
a good latch for comfortable milk transfer?  Without good milk transfer, supply
will suffer, growth will falter, and the more difficult questions you're
asking will become non-issues."

Yes! Our instructor is a CNM and IBCLC. I can not sing her praises enough.
She is the first professor I have encountered that does not just quote
verbatim from the text book. She challenges us to ask why the medical norms
are the norms regarding the birthing process, breast feeding...all of it. The
reason we are asking you such odd questions is because we were told that
you all are men and women of research and to make sure the questions we
ask are not things we could just find in the archive and our text books. We
like to find out how real life experiences compare to the brief explanations we
are given in our books. Your experience is invaluable knowledge for us! Thank
you for your time in answering our questions.