Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:17:20 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
<Majority of these articles were helpful in proving the point that research on this topic is both supporting & conflicting. Therefore, breast feeding may have its benefits but it should not be claimed as superior.">

My first reaction was "A person convinced against her/his will is of the same opinion still!"

I wonder if this woman is a mother herself, and if so, may have had a very disappointing experience in breastfeeding? Of if not, then whether a close relative or good friend of hers may have had one! This sounds very deeply entrenched with a strong personal, deep-seated emotionally-based resistance to all the many overwhelming pieces of evidence that I'm sure Lactnetters will supply! I have seen the same kind of reaction from male physicians whose wives (or sisters) have had disappointing BF experiences!

That is one reason why we always used to give special attention to provide the medical residents/spouses close attention and follow-up to help improve the total experience, knowing that it would be an important part of future attitudes in caring for breastfeeding patients/babies.

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer LC      Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2