From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:42:30 -0700
Jeanette is right on with her comment about the seams inside a bra cup.

Women seem to be the most sensitive during pregnancy when their breasts

are growing and changing.  We had one client who itched severely and in

her size there was no seamless (nursing or regular) at the time.

Inspecting the seam inside there was a nylon fabric overlay of the seam.

This bra was the only style that worked for her in her large cup.  The

way we coped with this was to turn her bra inside out so that the flat

stitched front (without any sheer nylon overlay) was against her nipples.

Since then we have suggested this to other clients.  If they sew they can

actually take off the hooks and eyes and replace them opposite so that

the bra hooks correctly inside out.  Obviously, this won't work for a

drop cup nursing bra, but a breast pad usually solves the problem by

then.  We have also suggested this to runners who cannot find a sports

bra in their cup size.  It reduces chafing to wear the smooth side

against the body.

Judy

Some women are very sensitive to the seam across the nipple that some bras

have - often the thread is not cotton, but a blend.  Even bras that are

"smooth" on the outside can have a seam inside - so I would recommend

checking this!