From:
Michelle Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:53:45 -0800
Two weeks to eliminate from the mother and then two additional weeks to totally eliminate from the baby.  To be a true elimination, the mother must completely eliminate all forms and traces of dairy from her diet.

Here are some code words for dairy in products:
carmel or carmel coloring
true maple syrup (the vats are usually lined with butter to make processing the syrup easier)
whey
dried milk solids
casein
sodium caseinate
calcium caseinate
butter
cheese
margarine
curds

Michelle Swanson, LLLL
mom of 3
Wyoming, USA
:-)
*mother to a breastfed child with a life-threatening allergy to dairy and beef products and who breastfed until his fourth birthday!