From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:30:30 -0600
Thanks to all who have posted replies, public and private. I guess we DO
have something to be thankful for; that they have chosen to give the
breast at all. But the ladies I see (and the others, I bet, in
yuppie-land) think that the way to do this is to breastfeed once or
twice, then give the bottle all day or alternate feeds and of course the
bottle gets the bulk of the feeds. So then when this lady is WAY
engorged, sore nipples, baby refuses the breast or she gets massive
thrush because of the abx given for +GBS or c/s....well then, the LC
must fix it! Now! and if it takes a little time....well I tried, she
couldn't help me..blah, blah. Sigh, the bookstore idea is looking good
today (big smile!)
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC
Romeoville IL near Chicago