Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:41:01 -0400
And that, Nikki, is the reason that some days, I feel like I just cannot go
on doing this work.

It is just too much for me most of the time. At least lately. WHO will stop
this type of violence? Women are like sheep, largely, lining up for who
knows what recommended by who knows who...without a thought to the
repercussions.

Kathleen

At 09:40 PM 8/26/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I am tired of being nice and polite. We have an epidemic of violence in
>our birthing process that is trashing our future before those babies even get
>home from the hospital. There is tons of evidence from every developed
>country on the planet that supports breastfeeding, keeping babies and mothers
>together, and watchful waiting in a supportive environment for healthy
>birthing women. And NONE of it is taken seriously except by those who are
>either damaged or who work, as we do, at picking up the pieces.
>      Grrrr!
>      Off the soapbox now.
>      Warmly,
>Nikki Lee RN, MSN,

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet
Independent Consultant
http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html