Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 22:53:12 +1000
To Dani re storage containers of breast milk. In our Neonatal Unit we use 70
ml plastic containers with screw top lids.  The Unit buys them from the
manufacturer. They are provided with a lable to write in "specimen, date,
time, ward, birthdate, name, sender,UR, test. They are wide top containers,
ie no shape. As they are sterile, we also use them for specimen conatainers
for pathology. We prefer to use plastic as milk fats cling less to plastic
than to glass.  We have no problems with leakage, even when frozen. There is
plenty of room to mix in human milk fortifier if necessary (after thawing).
We work with the precept that the containers hold 50 mls.  Sorry for delay
with this message, had to get permission to send.
A. Stolz. RM IBCLC sunny Queensland.