From:
"Marimar D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:32:56 -0500
Hi Jan,

Imagine my surprise when I found out that the liquid form *does* indeed have
alcohol; maybe the author could have made the recommendation a bit clearer
(ie make sure no alcohol included), if at all!  Even then, however the
recommendation is not made as one to treat yeast.  I quote the following
from the site (assuming that you have reviewed the site and know the
context, but just in case URL http://www.fourfriends.com/abrw/lcpcn.htm) "To
prepare your breasts before you even begin to pump, wash them everyday with
a washcloth to toughen your nipples. Try to go without a bra for part of the
day so your clothes can rub against your nipples. This will also help to
toughen them. Continue to wash your breasts everyday. Avoid soap as it has a
tendency to dry out the nipples. Use a "soap free" skin cleanser like
Cetaphil."

As you can see the recommendation is made in *preparation* of bringing baby
to breast.  As some have pointed out through private e-mails...why?

Thanks,  Marimar

>Date:    Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:46:18 EDT
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Cetaphil
>My 17 year old just went to the dermatologist yesterday and he recommended
> >Tim use Cetaphil.  Your comment about it containing alcohol surprised me,
>so >I looked at the contents according to the box -- no alcohol listed.  I
>wonder >if there is alcohol in the liquid cleanser?  There isn't any in the
>bar soap.

One of the IBCLCs at our hospital swears by washing w/ Cetaphil for moms