From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:23:41 +1000
Chris,
I know that ILO 103 being about pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum did
not cover non-biological children and so women breastfeeding adopted
children did not get any protection under this convention re lactation
breaks etc. Do you know if the ILO 183 does or if this has ever been
discussed?
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> We should all be aware of the ILO (International Labor Organization)
> standards for workplaces.  These standards are in place to protect the
health
> and safety of the mother and child.
>
> Here is language from Maternity Protection Convention, 2000. (It is
> convention number 183, but was adopted in 2000, so that is its proper
name.)
> This article on health protection was something new added to the previous
MP