From:
Pearl Shifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:44:57 EDT
I've search the archives and found several posts that mention biliary
atresia but am still unclear as to why a local dr. here in NYC would tell
a mom that she cannot breastfeed, that her baby cannot tolerate the fat
in her breastmilk and put the baby on one of the specialty formulas,
unfortunately Idon't remember which one although I know that it isn't
nutramigen or alimentum, it's the Other ONe....
I couldn't find anything in Riordan and Auerbach OR in Lawrence....
This is a fairly young baby, the disease was apparently detected at birth
but the mother was not told about it until several weeks had elapsed.
Pearl Shifer, IBCLC
NYC
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]