From:
Judi Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:49:47 EDT
We are currently using specimen containers for storing breastmilk in the
NICU.  Having read about the controversy in Cincinnati, we are reevaluating
the policy.  Those of you connected with hospital NICU's, please respond
and/or email me with what you are using.  Do you provide containers or simply
make suggestions to mothers?  We have the privilege of providing pumps free
of charge to NICU moms while their baby is a patient and have been providing
containers.  We found bags to be unsatisfactory due to leakage of precious
breastmilk.  I would appreciate hearing what many others are doing.
Thank You,
Judi Hall, RNC, IBCLC