From:
"Andrea C. Tran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:06:31 -0700
	Protecting Infants through Human Milk : Advancing the Scientific
Evidence (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
by Larry K. Pickering

Has anybody seen and read this book? It's pretty expensive and I'm
thinking about asking my director if we can get it, because we all know
what a difference presenting the evidence makes to doctors (she says
with tongue firmly planted in cheek). So, I'm an eternal optimist. Is
this book worth the money?

And 'cause misery loves company here is a list of 3 incredibly stupid
reasons to wean or use formula I have heard in the last couple weeks.
-You should wean your 13 month old because she's not gaining weight and
she may be "filling up" on breast milk.
-You should start giving your exclusively breastfed 5 month old formula
because you can't possibly keep up with him.
-You should start giving your 9 month old formula because he
breastfeeds too often for a 9 month old (every 4-5 hours).

Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC
Who is starting to get tired of dealing with really stupid people.
Erie/Boulder, Colorado